Starting a blog doesn’t mean just getting the software running, or signing up for a hosted service. There’s also a number of ancilliary activities, (some) beneficial to the blog’s publisher and readers, that need review.
Here’s an overview of the steps that I’ve gone through post-blog-creation:
- Add feed to Syndic8 – Y
- Add Geo tags – Y
- Register with GeoTags – N (Unable to open database)
- Register with GeoURL – Y
- Register with BlogShares (and indirectly ping weblogs.com) – Y
- Add RSS feed to Feedster – Already listed(!)
- Add RSS feed to rssSearch – Y
- Add site to blogdex – Y
- Register with nyc bloggers – Y (thanks M-EL 🙂
This sounds like a web service in the making. Anyone want to create a blog provisioning service that’ll automate these tasks?